10 Questions I Would Ask Sunderland Manager Dick Advocaat
It's about ethics in nomenclature journalism.
by Aaron Gordon
May 22 2015, 6:10pm
- Hi, Dick Advocaat. First, I'd like to go off topic for a bit and ask you about your unusual name. Have you ever found people don't take you seriously because your name is Dick Advocaat?
- Would you say that your life as Dick Advocaat has been guided by a passion for dick advocacy? If not, why not?
- Yes sir, I understand you don't want to talk about your name anymore. Pivoting from that for just a second, did you ever think to just go by Richard? Or Rich?
- Can you venture a guess as to why people make fun of your name?
- No, seriously, I don't know. Why?
- There's no need to get angry, Dick Advocaat. Speaking of controlling your temper, do children ever point and laugh at you as you walk by, taunting you, perhaps chiding, "Hey, there goes Dick Advocaat, the Dick Advocate"?
- How was your childhood? Good?
- Oh, I can only imagine. The soccer world can be cruel sometimes. Don't you agree, Dick Advocaat?
- Now now, settle down, Dick Advocaat. There's no need for name-calling here. You really can be quite mean, do you know that, Dick Advocaat?
- Final question, Dick Advocaat. Are you going to manage Sunderland next season?